What is Golf Monitor?
GolfMonitor is an application for personal golf performance monitoring.
- Standalone database application.
- Stores course data about your favourite courses: Scratch Rating, course par, total length, hole lengths, hole pars and hole difficulty ratings. Information about both men’s and women’s courses may be stored, including hole indexes up to 36 for men’s courses and 45 for women’s courses.
- Stores round data for each round you enter: fairways (excluding par 3 holes) and greens hit, lengths of successful putts, number of putts, and hole score.
- You can enter the fixed or daily course rating (DSR in Australia), your nett score, current handicap and then your new handicap.
- Details of your performances over time at each course you play are calculated: for each hole, mean gross, personal difficulty, personal hole rating, actual hole rating, percentage of times you hit the fairway, percentage of times you hit the green, mean number of putts; for the course as a whole, mean gross and nett scores, mean percentage of fairways hit, mean percentage of greens hit, mean number of putts.
- Details of your performance at each course compared with your performances at all courses are calculated: maximum, minimum and mean for each of gross score, nett score, fairways hit, greens hit, eagles or better, birdies, pars, bogeys, double bogeys and triple bogeys or worse. Also, mean and median lengths of successful putts.
- Tables and graphs of the following may be displayed and printed.
ii On the table output for the single course data is also printed, for each hole, mean gross, personal difficulty, personal hole rating, actual hole rating, percentage of times you hit the fairway, percentage of times you hit the green, mean number of putts; and for the course as a whole, mean gross and nett scores, mean percentage of fairways hit, mean percentage of greens hit, mean number of putts.
iii For both All courses and for a single course, number of rounds, frequency distribution of nett scores, graphs of frequency distribution of gross scores, mean gross and nett scores, median gross and nett scores, standard deviations in gross and nett scores, percentage of nett scores less than or equal to par, percentage of nett scores less than or equal to course rating.
iv Graphs of frequency distribution of number of putts per round and frequency distribution of length of successful putts, mean, median and standard deviation for number of putts per round, mean and median length of successful putt.
v Number of rounds, mean gross score, mean nett score and mean handicap for selected periods (eg, a month at a time) (table and graphs).
- To help you record relevant data for each round you can print course-specific forms on which you note all the details required for each hole: fairway hit, green hit, length of last putt, number of putts and hole score.
- GolfMonitor has notes on its screens to assist you use it, together with printed notes.
- Apple Macintosh: No Mac OS X version is available as yet.
- Microsoft Windows: available for Windows XP and later.
Note. This application was developed some time ago, and therefore has a ‘retro’ user interface and is only available in a Windows version. However, this does not detract from its usability and comprehensive feature set.
AUD $50, excluding Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST).